Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Home Improvement
Well folks enough talking about my self. Time to talk about something that kind of bugs me. One of my biggest things that pisses me off is when some one does not help some one as much as they can. In the car once in a while my Mom listens to this home improvement show. I do not really mind it but what I do mind the half assed answer they gave one Old lady. This old lady called in to the show to ask for some advise. Apparently she needed her rough fixed. She got some one to do the job for her but they did not finish the job and she is stuck with half a rough. She has tried to call the rough people but they will not return her calls. Now the guy’s on the show tell her to get a lawyer which is not a bad answer, but than she says that she cannot afford a lawyer. So they tell her basically to bad so sad. Now I think that is a half ass answer! This is what I would have told her. I would have told her to call a lawyer and tell them what happened and than tell them that she is on some kind of pension and she does not have much money and than tell her to ask them if they can work some thing out maybe half price or something like that and if that does not work I would also tell her to call a law school and see if they can help her out I know they have programs like that at law schools. Now this old lady will probably never read this but I had to get this off my chest. I’m even tempted to call the show some time. But I do not know if I will do that. What do you guy’s think about this situation?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Carin again. Yeah that sucks. They should have at least asked her to hold and helped her off air. I mean this isn't, oh my paint job sucks. It's a god damn roof! She may have trouble finding a lawyer, but even threat of lawsuit should make mr. Roofer finish the job. I guess these guys are kind of worried that if they give her the wrong information, since they're home improvement experts not legal experts, *they* could get sued, especially since it's being broadcast over the radio and ya kinda have to be responsible for what you say. But off air, nobody has to know. Just me and my two cents.

October 27, 2004 at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home